Thursday 24 November 2011

Tidy up Time!

This week I thought I would tidy up all my stashs and put them in an underused cupboard so that if I want something I don't have to sort through the whole house.  It turned out to be quite a job and I am a little shocked at exactly how much stuff I have accumulated! Even more scary is how much it must have all cost.

It is a deceptively large cupboard, going back a bit into the wall.  It occurs to me I have spent a fortune on storage boxes too but I need them to make sure everything is accessible and won't just end up in a heap in a corner that is difficult to read.  I haven't added all my stash yet.  There is a fair bit of fabric around the house at the moment waiting for some inspiration.  This week's City and Guilds lesson was on crazy patchwork.  I don't think I am going to be very good at it.  Too haphazard for me and I don't do random very well.  On the other hand it will give me a chance to do some embroidery which I have been itching to do for ages and not found a reason to do it.  No pictures of that yet as I haven't really done anything and what I have done I might well change.

The other thing I have been doing is knitting a cardie I started a long time ago.  I uncovered it whilst I was reorganising my stash.  I have been pondering buying something a little warmer now the weather is finally starting to get a little cooler but why buy something I can make it myself especially as I don't even need to fork out any extra cash.  I had already done the back before whatever it was that got in the way of me finishing happened.  That is the longest bit.  The rest should feel relatively quick.  It helps that it is on quite big needles too (6.5mm) so it is growing quickly.  Again no pictures as I don't have the knitting to hand at the moment but I will finish off with my nice tidy stash cupboard and ponder how I am going to get the rest of the fabric in.  I think more boxes might be required!

No comments:

Post a Comment