Friday 23 December 2011

Nearly there - Christmas is coming!!!

As I haven't posted for a few days I thought I would just squeeze in a post between the manic last minute shopping and house cleaning and show you my contribution to our festive decorations this year.  I got the idea from a Prima magazine but other than the idea of the stockings hanging from the stair post and the template for the shape, this is pretty much made up as I got along.


It is made from felt and ribbons because I really like working with felt - it is so forgiving after wrestling with cotton and voile and all sorts for my crazy patchwork piece for my course (more on that when I finally get a chance to edge it).  I am considering whether to embroider the intital of each of our family onto the little stocking but there are 6 stockings and only 4 of us so it might look a bit odd.



I also got to use some lovely Christmassy red velvet which I love.  I must admit the bow is constructed rather than tied - I tried for the natural look but it was too messy and I ended up with the tails facing the wrong way - at least by cheating everything faces out!

So 2 more days to go until The Big Day and we can stop all the preparations and shopping and put our feet up and enjoy it.  I might even have the time to get the knitting needles out again as I have such a long list of things I would like to make.

Whatever you are doing this Christmas and wherever you are, I would like to wish you a happy and healthy one!  Merry Christmas!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment