Thursday 13 January 2011

Breaking more new ground

Well, I have worked out how to set this blog up, I have tinkered with it and tried to make it look pretty but now I think it is time for some photos.  Lets see how they work.


This blog is meant to be about my favourite crafts.  At the moment that is anything woolly - knitting or crochet.  Last Friday I finished a short sleeved cardie and was very proud of myself as it only took a week and wasn't half bad even if I do say so myself.




(Yay I uploaded a photo!)  This was made from Sirdar Squiggle which is knitted on a 10mm needle - hence the speed of creation!  It is part wool, part acrylic but lovely and thick, and I hope, warm.  The picture doesn't really show it but there is just the one button at the top.  I am pretty pleased with it although have yet to wear it on account of short sleeves.  It has been too cold for that.  However, the milder spell we are having might be the cue to wear it.  It is made up of lots of my favourite colours - red, purple, green and pink with a smattering of brown and cream too. A melange of colours!!

My next project is to finish a jumper for my elder son, the lovely C.  I am going to push the boundaries of technology and put in another photo of a UFO (unfinished object - not the spaceship kind - that really would be pushing the boundaries).




Quite a plain pattern apart from the ribbing in Sirdar Denim Chunky which is lovely and soft but inclined to split a bit.  I am using my 6mm rosewood needles which are really nice.  I have recently got into wooden needles and who would have thought that they made knitting that bit more enjoyable!?  I used to think needles were needles.  I don't know why they make a difference but they do!


I have done the back and have started doing the 2 sleeves at the same time.  It is knitting up quite quickly but I did start this in December 2009 with a view to having it done for a residential trip for C which started on 4th January 2010.  I didn't make it obviously, not by a long way, so I just put the whole thing aside and forgot about it for a bit.  I am trying to clear some UFOs before I go on another yarn buying spree otherwise the whole house may well disappear under a pile of yarn so I thought I would get on with this one before he grows out of it without ever having worn it!  Thankfully at 10 years old, the lovely C doesn't grown quite as quickly as he used to (although far to quickly for my liking - it was only yesterday he was a baby surely) and I was making it big so he might get a bit of wear out of it before having to pass it on to the gorgeous J who is 7 and catching up fast.


One more picture of the UFO, just because I can!!





And finally just for completeness sake, this is what I was working on last night.




This is my granny stripes blanket which I have been crocheting for a few months.  This photo is quite old now - I am just starting the 5th repeat and this photo was taken as I just started the 2nd.  I intend it to be at least twice as big as it is now.  It is a lovely project to pick up and put down.  Like so many people I got my inspiration from the Attic 24 blog -  a link here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-stripe.html


I hope this is alright.  I am not entirely sure of the etiquette of linking and tagging and loads of other bloggy stuff but if somebody wants to tell me off and show me the way, feel free but be gentle with me.


Thats it for today.  New skills learnt and woolly news shared.  Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment