Wednesday 26 January 2011

Still messing about...

Yesterday I ended up changing the name of this blog.  Today I have been messing around with the header photo.  The new photos have come out much better than I thought and I might even do a post about my stash in a few days time.  I have some lovely yarn photos now!

Anyway, I am finally getting there.  I changed the name of the blog because the old one just didn't sound right to me.  I wish I was clever enough to think of some play on words but I'm not.  I like Passing the Time because it sounds sort of laid back and relaxed, a bit like how crafting is really - so long as there isn't a deadline to meet of course!  I am trying not to overthink it though and make spurious connections between the blog title and the real world.  I just kinda like it.

Of course I should be doing my tax return.  It is a definite downside of running my little shop that I have to do a return again after a few years break.  I wouldn't mind but I don't even owe any money, I am still working on building up the business.  Actually that is the other thing that is keeping me busy this week - I have lots of new Anchor kits in and some lovely Patons Dreamtime 4 ply yarn that I have not had before.  I have had the DK and the colours and the feel of the yarn are lovely.  It is 100% wool and very soft.  It isn't in the slightest bit scratchy as you would expect for a baby yarn.   Anyway, it is always exciting getting different things in and loading them up to see if there is any interest.  I am still hoping to expand the yarn part of my shop further to incorporate some Rowan as well.  I am looking forward offering more choice and having more lovely yarn to squidge.  I'm not entirely sure where I am going to keep it all at this rate but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks for dropping by.  Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment