Tuesday 1 February 2011

How did it get to February already!?

Well I said that I would finished my elder son's jumper by the end of January and unfortunately haven't touched it.  What I have been doing is perusing my yarn collection and books trying to decide what to make next.  I really need to start reducing that stash and I admit it is a very enjoyable pastime but not very productive in terms of progress and pictures.  The only really crafty thing I have done is a few rows of my granny stripes blanket which is coming along nicely but is going to take a lot more work until it is finished and not yet worthy of updated photos.

Anyway, with thoughts of  stash reductions in mind, I went to Hobbycraft yesterday and managed not to buy any yarn at all!  Whoo hoo!  I must admit it is partly because Hobbycraft don't have reductions on their wool and our LYS (Local Yarn Store) usually sell theirs for less than the RRP plus their choice is better.  Had I walked through their door instead of Hobbycraft I doubt my willpower would have been strong enough.  Thankfully, the LYS doesn't sell craft paper for children and that is what I needed so it was a blessing to be relieved of the burden of going there! 

I didn't get away with spending no money at all unfortunately.  I succumbed to the lure of this pattern book from Rowan for their 100% wool.


It is full of lots of simple patterns for all of the family including a couple of illusive patterns for boys!  Yay!!  They are not well represented in the knitting pattern world. Girls patterns are two a penny but not boys. I find it really hard to find nice ones  although thankfully my older son is just beginning to creep into the XS adult size these days now he is nearly 11. It won't be a problem I have to deal with for much longer!

I suppose the only question now is where to start with the Rowan?!  Shall I be kind and make something for my younger son or Mr P? Or maybe I should just get on with my boy's jumper and behave and put the Rowan book away for another day!  I am sure I will let you know what I decided in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment